The Fates have chosen...

The Fates have chosen...

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Entry One...

Today is the day that I work on the second chapter.  It's going well, all things considering.  The chapter lengths will definitely be longer than those of The Gathering Storm, at least by a page or so.  I'm also going to work on it not being so rushed.  In TGS, when I read over the chapters, it felt like everything was shoved together, with action on every single page, choking it down.  With Phantom Races, I'm hoping for a more slower pace, one that will allow you to get to know the world I have created better.  Amalaya is a hard character to write as, as she is most things I am not, but she has a strong spirit, and does things for her family that put her last.  I admire that, as I have often had to do the same for my family.

I have written out a little of the plot basis, but once I reach the capitol of Alia, I freeze up.  I'm hoping that once I write a few more chapters, it'll melt.  I'm looking forward to the next couple of chapters.  It's going to be intense, dramatic, and a little heart breaking.  You'll get to see just how far Amalaya will go to keep her family safe.

I have to say, I am enjoying writing about Amalaya's family and pets.  Though they all won't play an up-front, major role in the story, they all have a huge impact on Ama's decisions, and helped to build her into the character she is at nineteen years old.

Well, that's about all I can think to add right now.  Stay tuned for more information and special, behind the scene tidbits.  Who knows...  There might be an excerpt in it for you.

Take care.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dixie! Spell from Booksie here :)

    I know what you mean about planning so far, then freezing up -- the same thing has happened with my Camp NaNoWriMo story plan. I'm hoping that by the time I get to the blocked part, I'll have more ideas, or that a writing dare will give me a few good conflicts to slip into the story. The important thing is not to let writer's block win, eh?

    Anyway, I'm very intrigued by the hints about The Phantom Races in here! When the writer is so enthusiastic about a story that the reader can feel it through the way they write about it, you know it's going to be a good story.

    Looking forward to hearing more about TPR!

    Best wishes,
    Skye (Spell)

    ReplyDelete