The Fates have chosen...

The Fates have chosen...

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Entry Six

Whew.  So it has been a month since my last post, and what a busy month it is.  The fall season is always a bustle of activity for me, and this year it is no exception.  If anything, it is worse than usual.

So for those of you who are keeping updated by my booksie account, you may have read that I've had a recent death in my family.  My great-grandmother died on Sept. 30th, at 5:50 a.m., after almost three and a half hours of struggling.  I will never forget how she fought for each breath, while her lungs filled up with liquid.  Nightmarish.  She was a close member of mine family, and will always be missing.  I'm only nineteen, mind you, so I've never watched anyone die.  It was horrible, and add onto that, that it was a member of my blood, and it makes it horrible.

But that's not the all of it.

My aunt was married Oct. 6th, and thought it was a beautiful wedding, that was also the same day that Hospice took my great-grandfather (the one who has cancer, and whose wife died the week before last).  My cousins found him with his head in the grandfather clock, and it was a miracle that the glass did not slice his throat open.  He has simply given up.  Hell, I would too if I lost my spouse of 61 years.  That is a long time to stay married to someone, to love them and take care of them.   His organs are beginning to shut down.  Yesterday, we went down to Pensacola to visit him, and when my  mom walked into his room, I thought she had walked into the wrong one.  I remember thinking...  That's not my pawpaw, he doesn't look like that.  But then I seen the name of the wall, and it was like hitting a pile of bricks.  His mouth was open, like that of my grandmother's when she died, and he was breathing really loud.  It was like time had split, showing my a vision of my grandmother on her deathbed, fighting to breath.  I don't think I could breath right then.  It was horrible, and all I wanted to do was cry, but I had three sisters, my mother, step mother, and father in the room with me, and I could show no tears.  I had to be strong for my family, be the support that they need.  And we need it.  Trust me.

So I don't know how all of you feel about ghosts, but I am a firm believer in them, and that faith has been reaffirmed this passed week.  The house that my grandparents lived in, was built by my pawpaw's own hands, and my grandmother's spirit has not left that house.  I believe she is waiting for my grandfather to pass.  But here is the proof that she is still there...  My cousins were in the house by themselves.  Their both guys, a year or two older than my nineteen, and built like an athlete.  Not much scared them, and it takes something huge to do so.  Well, Jay and Brandon were in the house, when the sewing room light came on. Mind you, that was my mawmaw's favorite room.  No one was in there.  The guys were in the kitchen, goofing off and talking, when the light turned on.  Brandon screamed.  Like.  A.  Girl.  Man, I wish I had been there to see that.

Well Jay called his older sister, who went in because the guys were too scared too.  Ha!  And she went in to turn off the light.  She said that when she did, she felt an icy pressure on her shoulder....  And she got the hell up outta there.  Jay said that you would've thought the fires of hell were at her heels.

That's not the only incident thought.  Lights have been coming on and off constantly, in rooms she's was a familiar visitor in when she was alive.  And a cup, which was all the way across the dining room and no where near the kitchen, appeared upright in the middle of the floor, in front of the sink and fridge...  Aunt Susie and Aunt Debra were in the living room when they heard the extra cups hit the floor in the dining room.  With the layout of the house, there is no way that a cup could have rolled or bounced into the kitchen and land, upright, on the middle of the floor.

So, yeah, she's still there.

Oh!  And with the bad news, comes the good...  I finally have a job in the USAF (United States Air Force). Instead of them putting me in any random job, and me possibly hating that job, I picked five that I wanted to have...  And I got one of those five!  I'm so excited.  I go in two weeks to sign contracts, and I have a DEP CC meeting this afternoon, so I might find out then.  BMT (Basic Military Training) is in Feb. 2013.  I CAN'T WAIT!!  I'm so excited.  But if I don't gain at least ten lbs, I'm gonna have a bit of trouble. I'll have to work on it. :)

So, with all that's been going on, I haven't really had a lot of time to work on The Phantom Races.  Those events listed above are just barely brushing the pile of stuff we've got going on...  We've got moving, family drama, football games, the fair is coming up, birthdays, holidays, drama, siblings... Oh, and did I mention drama.  Yeah, one half of my family is lovers of starting trouble and BS.  It's their hobby.

But I'm gonna see if I can get at least chapter five done today, and catch up on my Reading Requests on booksie.  They're beginning to pile up.  Well, take care everyone, and be safe.  Hope the muses bless you with tons of inspiration today. :)

- Dixie


No comments:

Post a Comment