The Fates have chosen...

The Fates have chosen...

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Entry Five

So the first four chapters of The Phantom Races made it onto the computer screen today.  I am pleased at how they have turned out.  To read the novel, click here.  Thanks for those of you who clicked on that lovely "here" link to the left.  I really appreciate it.  I just love it when those little orange boxes pop up that says "New Comments" or "New Fan Requests".  They really  make my day.

So, on a depressing note, we found out this passed week or so that my grandfather, the very one who inspired me to go into the United States Air Force, has about three to four weeks to live.  For those of you who are not keeping in touch with the going-on of my day-to-day life, he has both liver and lung cancer.  On a good note, however, his feet were less swollen today, and he got plenty of sleep last night.  He's still awfully pale and weak, but we'll take what we can get.

I haven't worked on chapter four of The Phantom Races is nearly three weeks.  To know that I've officially finished it really makes my night.  It's not quite as long as the previous three chaps, but it'll make due.  I've also been on a tragic romantic kick lately, through no fault of my own.  I miss my best friend, and high school love, terribly- though he's engaged to another.  Sounds like the plot of a novel, does it not.  Love is a real pain in the ass.  Might incorporate it into TPR.

So, on my reading list as of tonight, Ms. Deborah Harkness's novel, Shadows of Night is sitting beside me.  The first book, A Discovery of Witches, was the bomb, and no doubt the second installment will be just the same.  I'm already loving it, and I'm only about, oh I don't know, four, maybe five chapters in.  She has an amazing writing style that pulls you in and envelopes you, like a warm blanket on a cold night.  Beautiful, simply beautiful.

As autumn is fast approaching, I've been inspired by the new found coolness of the northwestern tip of Florida.  It's not much of an improvement, only hanging around the low eighties, but it is a far cry from the horrible 110+ temps of our unusually hot summer.  Thank the Gods it is finally coming to a slow crawling end.  Well, without further ado, I shall leave you to your computer, writings, and other hobbies.  I hope this new post finds you well, and may the Gods bless you with inspiration and happiness.  Take care, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment